compensation: 25/hr to start plus opportunity for year-end discretionary bonus. No traditional benefit pkg but there will be free wine! employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Part Time to Start (10 to 15 hrs a week, M-F). Full Time for the Right Person.
Flexible Hours and Work from Home OK
We are a fast-growing subscription wine business. We source rare and little-known foreign wines, from small producers, made using traditional or organic methods
Based in Baltimore, Florida, and Argentina, we have just over 1,000 members. We expect to at least double the size of our membership in 2020. To keep up with our growing editorial and marketing demands, we’re looking for a smart, talented, but above all curious writer to assist us.
• Writing and editing a weekly wine newsletter
• putting together notes for our quarterly releases
• Managing a deadline driven editorial calendar for video content, articles, special reports, and website copy
• Providing editorial assistance to our French wine expert (French language skills not required)
• Writing sales copy alongside our head copywriter (ads, landing pages, lift notes, direct mail sales letters)
Why is a wine business hiring a writer’s assistant?
Unlike a lot of wine clubs, which rely on basement prices or gimmicks to attract customers, we use proven storytelling methods to sell our wines. (If you’ve ever watched Seinfeld or heard of the J. Peterman catalogue, that’s more or the less idea.)
If you’re looking for a career in writing, journalism, or marketing, this could be the position for you. Knowledge of wine is not necessary – intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn are.
Pay $25/h to start plus opportunity for year-end discretionary bonus. No traditional benefit package, but you can expect to taste great wines from all over the world.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers