compensation: Competitive, Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for a collaborative, fun company with room for growth?
IMS, Inc. is a recognized leader in the biomedical IT field, with clients including the NCI, CDC, & major pharmaceutical firms. We are a diverse group of people with a focus on product quality, customer satisfaction, & enjoying what we do. We have a relaxed, friendly work environment, where employees are recognized for the work that they do. Add to that work/life balance, social events, casual dress, & no cubicles- that's why many employees have stayed with us.
Join us as a Front-End Web Designer & see what makes IMS such a unique place to work!
As a Front-End Designer, you will:
• Work with IMS staff & clients to design, layout & code websites covering public health resources
• Build prototypes as well as design & code sites to meet user experience (UX) best practices
• Coordinate new content & maintain quality of existing sites
• Enhance sites for SEO, functionality, & accessibility
• Conduct compatibility tests
• Ensure all sites meet the requirements for accessibility & functionality
• Perform other web design & development related duties as assigned
To be eligible for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
• BA/BS in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, CompSci, or IT, or a AA/AS in the same fields w/equivalent experience, from a U.S. DOE accredited institution with a 2.9+ GPA
• 0-4 years of professional web design & development experience
• Experience w/website usability & content strategy
• Knowledge of responsive frameworks
• Demonstrated strong verbal & written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to clients & users in layman terms
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving & analytical skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail & organization skills
• Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, & work within a team
• Knowledge of Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.0 guidelines a plus
IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities