Are you a breast cancer survivor? Do you have trouble sleeping? Do you want to lose weight?
If YES to ALL OF THE ABOVE: Researchers at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine are looking for volunteers to participate in a research study to better understand the relationships
among insomnia, weight loss, and breast cancer. This study will assess the effectiveness of a sleep intervention prior to a web and phone-based weight loss program.
You may be eligible if:
- Your Body Mass Index is 25 or higher
- You would like to lose 10% of your weight
- You have trouble either falling asleep or staying asleep
- You have daily access to the internet and/or a smartphone
- You had early stage breast cancer and have completed surgery, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy at least 3 months ago
- If prescribed, you have been on hormonal therapy for at least 3 months (tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor)
- You are NOT currently in a sleep or weight loss program
- You are NOT currently taking weight loss medications or sleeping aids
This study spans an 8-month period and involves:
- 6 in-person visits to Johns Hopkins Bayview Campus
- Approximately 18 phone/video sessions