compensation: This is a salary position with a full health and retirement package and bi-annual bonuses - salary rate will be based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SANS Institute’s Online Training business is seeking a Video Production Technician to join our team. This individual must have a strong audio/video background and be technically proficient in related hardware and software. The Video Production Technician will attend SANS recording-events to setup, test and operate recording technologies to create audio and video content for online students with a focus on consistency and quality. This position consists of partial travel, partial work at the SANS warehouse, and partial remote work from home. The candidate will report to the Video Production Manager.
• Setup and test technology and systems for SANS Online Training businesses
• Test instructor presentation equipment prior to the start of recording and train instructors on the use of audio/video recording equipment, applicable software, and best practices for teaching in an online environment
• During the recording-event, manage and monitor operations daily, report statuses and escalate issues in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot issues and coordinate solutions in the live production environment
• Perform quality assurance checks both during live recording and after the recordings have been completed
• Transcode recording files to ensure proper transmission, encoding, and receipt for consumption
• Gear handling and management; receive, inspect, move, breakdown, and prepare for shipments
• Interface with SANS IT dept to coordinate computer configuration profiles and maintain select equipment on a scheduled basis
• Assist in the SANS warehouse with shipping/receiving, equipment maintenance, and testing new technologies
• Maintain and support inventory processes and procedures at the warehouse and at events
• Support other tasks as directed
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• The time/location distribution for this position is approximately:
• 50% - travel to SANS events and facilities, consisting of 7-9 consecutive days, including some weekend and evening hours
• 20% - work at the SANS warehouse to test, maintain, assist with shipping SANS Online Training’s gear
• 30% - work from home on video projects and other related tasks
• Proficient with HD video cameras, PL-Mount HD zoom lenses, studio lighting, set production and photography
• Proficient with audio/video software and best practices including: Adobe Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Audition, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Proof-HQ, Shure Wireless-WorkBench, Sound Forge, Sony Vegas
• Proficient with audio/video cabling, related hardware and best practices, including: recording devices, live video editing and composite devices, video mixers and mini-converters, microphones and wireless audio systems, audio mixer boards, audio/video splitters or converters, document cameras, projectors, etc.
• Proficient with lighting and related Gaffer and Grip technologies for studio video production
• Experience with Windows and Mac operating systems and related software
• Ability communicate professionally and efficiently and work well with others or independently
• Experience/proficiency with some physical labor:
• Load and unload gear from trucks, push wheeled cases, and lift at least 50 lbs.
• Able to install temporary cabling in meeting spaces and crawl under desks/tables as needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• 3+ years of computer/audio/video experience required
• 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers