compensation: dependent on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
TAV Networks ( http://www.tavnetworks.com) is looking to hire an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Smart Grid Field Technician for a deployment in Baltimore, MD and the surrounding service area. Field Technicians will be required to troubleshoot faulty equipment and collect/record data as is needed. The ideal candidate provides a demonstrated ability to manage tasks with minimal supervision, has a flexible schedule and ability to travel away from home for several days, is polite and professional when dealing with people in stressful situations, and is able to assemble, test, troubleshoot and calibrate RF wireless communications equipment in the actual field environment.
• Travel to urban, suburban and rural parts of client service area setting up mock radio networks to test and validate network designs
• Troubleshoot non-functioning AMI equipment providing solutions when possible and gathering data when it is not.
• Read simple electronic schematics and technical drawings
• Recommend, design, and oversee the execution of "in the field" solutions
• Work together with utility field staff to diagnose problems and devise solutions.
Required Experience and Skills:
• College Graduate with degree in Technology , Business, or Construction Management preferred (or) 5+ year's work experience working in a Data, RF systems, or AMI/Smart Grid network related field
• US resident with valid Driver's License and clean driving record
• Hands on skills with basic field tool sets
• Experienced using GPS mapping software and Microsoft Excel.
• Aggressive desire and ability to learn new technologies and products.
• Ability to work "on call" with flexible hours and shifts.
• Adherence to field worker procedures and safety regulations
• Must work well with team members, helping to motivate others and solve problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About TAV Networks
TAV Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers competitive salaries based upon experience and has a package of employee benefits that includes medical and life insurance, paid holidays, vacations and sick leave.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers