compensation: up to $130,000/yr. plus great benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client is a successful software company, based in Baltimore MD, that enjoys the freedom to chart its own path. Their team is a small, close-knit community, where each person can make a big impact. They are nimble and have thrived for over 15 years in the midst of constant industry and regulatory upheaval. They believe in using our talents to make a positive impact on the world by improving the financial lives of Americans. As lifelong learners, they have a passion for change and constantly adapt everything (business, internal processes, tools…).
They enjoy a wide diversity of backgrounds and opinions, which can lead to passionate debates. They wear multiple hats, often stretch beyond their comfort zone, and see failure as an opportunity to learn. They have fun inventing advanced analytical solutions and creating great user experiences.
What they do:
In 2000, they started a revolution by exposing the inner workings of the credit scoring industry to consumers, pioneering a new industry. Millions of people have been using their tools to take control of their credit life, gain access to better loans, and save money. More recently, they have enabled the mortgage origination industry to replace guesswork with technology when trying to improve credit scores. As a result, more consumers now qualify for a mortgage at a good rate, and thousands of loan officers, mortgage lenders and other businesses can better serve their customers and make more money.
They are adding a software engineer to a small team of top performers. The team is focused on developing complex, AI-based algorithms and forecasting applications for risk management and decision support in the finance industry. The position requires close collaboration with scientists, which promotes learning, effective working relationships, and more efficient product development.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Prototype and develop new products.
• Maintain existing legacy software.
• Build R&D tools to improve data analysis, predictive modeling and software testing.
• Research and introduce new technologies for internal tools and production software
(e.g. to accelerate product prototyping, or to facilitate customer deployments).
• Re-architect and re-engineer core software to integrate new features and products, and to make it more flexible and easier to maintain.
• Work as part of an agile development team.
Skills & Requirements:
Looking for top performers who:
• Value actions and results, not just ideas
• Influence what they do and how they do it
• Focus on company performance because they succeed or fail together
• React to new information and are comfortable to change course of action if it best serves customers
• Have a passion for continuous improvement and learning
• 2+ years as a software engineer
• Proficient developing and coding mathematically complex algorithms
• Proficient with C++
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field; Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc.,
• Experience with SQL and relational databases
• Experience with green field and legacy work
• Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
• Complex problem solving
• Detail orientation
• Easy to work with
• Be nice
Nice to have:
• Experience with XML
• Experience C# .NET development.
• Experience developing for cross-platform portability
Our client is based in Baltimore Maryland. Eventually, we would like candidates who could come into the office on a regular basis, if not daily. For now, the work will be remote, but we still want local candidates.
This is a full-time employee position working directly for our client. The salary for this position can be up to $130,000/yr.
Our client strives to create a great experience for the team, not just customers. They want everyone to be excited about their work, fulfilled and worry-free. That’s why they offer lots of autonomy, support, and the flexibility you need to balance your life. Their compensation and benefits package ensures that you can focus all your energy on creating value for their customers and the company… and remain a happy human being!
Their benefits include: dedicated time to work on own projects, continuing education, flex time, profit sharing, annual bonuses, company contribution to 401(k), insurance (medical, dental, ST/LT disability, life), HSA/FSA.
If this sounds like you, please respond with your Salary requirements as soon as possible.
Please no agencies. No telecommuters.
About AAJ Interactive Technologies:
AAJ Interactive Technologies, established in 1997 by cutting-edge technology executives, is a technology professional-services company supplying project-based consulting, staff augmentation and recruiting services to leading firms throughout Metropolitan Washington, DC.
We work differently from most of our competition. We have been in both a position of hiring, mentoring and managing large staffs inside a corporate culture, as well as consultants for hire. This unique perspective allows us to understand both sides of this business. We take the time to ensure our consultants/candidates placed will be successful.
We believe that because of our principals we have succeeded where others have failed. The greater DC technology space can be full of companies that are not really looking out for your interests. Ask around, we’re not one of them! We want you to succeed, and we’ll do everything we can to help you do just that!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers