QR Code Link to This Post
The Marina Security Worker – will primarily perform p.m. service responsibilities including dockhand, cart driver, cleaner and office duties relating to after-hours check ins. The Marina Security Worker is flexible, willing to assist wherever needed, comfortable working the night shift, outside and committed to delivering the highest level of customer service.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Marina Security Workers must be able to work night shift hours and patrol the marina property multiple times each night.
• Complete slip audits for correct boats, pedestal lights, pedestal connections, frayed lines and any other pertinent information.
• Follow proper protocol for emergencies, noise complaints and any other issues that may arise during the late hours at the Marina.
• Document any environmental issues, injuries or incidents that may arise during their shift and take nightly parking lot logs.
• Immediately report any emergencies to Management.
• Clean and stock all marina restrooms with proper supplies.
• Drive and maneuver electric dock cart safely and effectively.
• Lifting, carrying and transporting items, which may weigh over 50 pounds.
• Provide assistance to guests as needed when checking into transient slips in the Marina.
• Checking transient guests or after-hours transients into the appropriate slips and taking customer and payment information.
• Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the docks, parking lots, and surrounding areas by removing trash and debris.
• Collect and check cleanliness of dock carts when transporting them to proper locations.
• Monitoring security phone.
• May be required to perform emergency pump-outs for vessels at risk of sinking after contacting vessel owners to notify them of the emergencies.
• Marina Security Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas.
• Identify any maintenance and safety issues to Management.
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision.
• Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to offer assistance wherever needed.
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
• Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, as well as long shifts including early morning and late nights
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security and emergencies.
• Report to work on time.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
• Marina Service Worker reports to the Marina Manager.
• Must be comfortable carrying and lifting heavy items.
• Cannot be prone to motion sickness as they will be spending hours at a time on the docks.
• Must be comfortable working the night shift and being on their feet constantly