We currently have several open full-time and part-time Direct Support Professional positions. Please read the job description below. If you are interested in the position and you meet the job requirements, apply online at:
To ensure individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities have maximum opportunities to actively participate in all aspects of community life and to offer programs and services that support them in doing so.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor site and residents by remaining awake during night hours to ensure safety in regard to medical, health, behavioral and environmental issues.
• Assist with daily living skills (e.g., lifting, transferring, toileting, personal hygiene, laundry, cooking).
• Implement outcomes developed in the IP, as appropriate.
• Complete paperwork as assigned including documentation (e.g., incident reports, outcomes, transition to/from full time staff, log entries).
• Conduct fire drills periodically.
• Maintain living environment in accordance with D.D.A. regulations and health department standards.
• Prepare meals when needed.
• May be required to lift /assist in transferring individuals, as needed.
• Complete all agency required trainings for position.
• Administer and record medications pursuant to State and Agency requirements, where applicable.
• Accompany residents on medical emergencies when needed.
• Work with residents as assigned by supervisor.
• Perform specific duties on a nightly basis as assigned by supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Related experience preferred
• Must assist with daily living skills (e.g., lifting, transferring, toileting, personal hygiene, laundry and cooking)
• Valid driver s license required and approved clean driving record necessary
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities