compensation: Compensation is based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a research and development and prototyping company in Sterling, VA that is seeking a skilled EDM Machinist capable of running multiple wire EDMs to join our high performing team of Engineers, Technicians and Machinists. The selected individual will use their specialized skills and talents to support prototyping new parts, components and assemblies that we provide to our customers. A desire to learn and continually improve is a must.
Summary: Qualified applicants must have previous experience setting up and operating wire EDMs. The ability to also perform basic manual machining operations is a plus. Candidates must be able to read and work from engineering drawings and have the ability to inspect parts using precision measuring equipment. Candidates who have experience running SODICK EDM machines is a plus. Candidates selected for an interview may be required to take a hands-on test during the interview process.
• Program, set-up, operate and monitor EDM wire equipment
• Produce parts to specification; verify parts meet extremely close tolerance dimensions, alignments, and specifications
• Work from blueprints and process sheets to determine the correct procedure for manufacturing/prototyping parts
• Perform maintenance duties and machine cleaning
• Ensure that precision machinery is in working condition and properly calibrated
• Write or edit programs for precision parts
• Verify conformity and quality of finished parts
• Experience with fixture design is preferred
• Operation of manual mills and/or lathes is a plus
• Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
• Communicate thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management
• Knowledge of EDM manufacturing processes, procedures and production equipment
• Experience working with tight tolerances, programming, and blueprint reading
• Working knowledge of micrometers, calipers, and plate inspection tools
• Excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrate quality record
• Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
• Strong aptitude for attention to detail
• Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
We have a clean, modern, air-conditioned shop and offer competitive pay, 401K, paid vacation and paid holidays. Position is full time and compensation is commensurate on experience. Relocation packages will be considered for the right candidate. If you seek a challenge and career growth potential, contact us!
U.S. Citizenship is required for employment in this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers