compensation: Compensation is based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a research and development and prototyping company in Sterling, VA that is seeking a skilled Machinist capable of running CNC lathes and/or mills to join our high performing team of Engineers, Technicians and Machinists. Experience with manual lathes and mills is also a requirement. The selected individual will use their specialized skills and talents to support prototyping new parts, components and assemblies that we provide to our customers. A desire to learn and continually improve is a must.
Summary: Qualified applicants must have previous experience setting up and operating CNC lathes and/or mills, as well as be able to perform manual machining operations. Candidates must be able to read and work from engineering drawings and have the ability to inspect parts using precision measuring equipment. Candidates who have experience running HAAS machines is a plus. Candidates selected for an interview may be required to take a hands-on test during the interview process.
• Complete set-up and operation of CNC lathes and/or CNC mills
• Calculate and set controls for proper machining
• Identify and set-up correct tooling for jobs
• Must be able to interpret part drawing and inspect parts to drawings
• Capable of basic program editing
• Verify conformity and quality of finished parts
• Expected to run multiple machines
• CAM programming experience is a plus but not required
• Experience with fixture design is preferred
• Operation of manual mills and/or lathes is also required
• Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
• Communicate thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management
Education and Training:
Certification or Associates Degree in Machine Technology, Precision Machining, or CNC Operations or 5+ years related experience is desired
Proficiency in MasterCam or similar programs is a plus
Experience using Solidworks is also a plus
Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
We have a clean, modern, air-conditioned shop and offer competitive pay, 401K, paid vacation and paid holidays. Position is full time and compensation is commensurate on experience. Relocation packages will be considered for the right candidate. If you seek a challenge and career growth potential, contact us!
U.S. Citizenship is required for employment in this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers