compensation: To be determined employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Acutronic Power Systems, www.acutronic.com has an immediate need for an Electrical Assembly Technician. Acutronic Power Systems, is a leading provider of Electrical Power systems for Unmanned Vehicles and Drones. A.P.S. has a 20-year history providing products under the www.sullivanuv.com brand. Sullivan U.V. holds worldwide recognition as an industry leader that can be counted on for providing quality products backed by a team of dedicated professionals that love and support the industry they serve.
The creation of the Acutronic Power Systems in 2019 was a critical step in the ongoing development of the Acutronic Aerospace Components Division. A.P.S. is made up of approximately 25 employees that develop, design, and manufacture highly engineered electro-mechanical components that are critical to the operation of modern Unmanned Vehicle systems. Acutronic places high priority on providing best in class components and seeks to employ individuals who share the same drive toward excellence and growth.
The Electrical Assembly Technician will be responsible for helping design, develop, test, manufacture, install, and repair electrical and electronic assemblies. This will require the ability to work independently from schematics and plans as well as cooperatively with engineers and other technicians to see projects through to completion in a timely manner. Some aspects of the job will include building multiple copies of an assembly in a routine manner. All work will take place within A.P.S.’s 25,000 sq-ft facility located in the Rosedale suburb of Baltimore, MD.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Standard hours for this position are 9a-5p with flexibility offered to ease traffic burdens or to adjust to family responsibilities. All operations take place at our 25,000 sq² facility located in the Rosedale suburb of Baltimore.
The ideal candidate for this position will have patience, attention to detail, problem solving, and organization. Perhaps most importantly though, this position will see its greatest benefit from someone with enthusiasm for creating new products who enjoys learning and growing as a person from their experiences.
We value people who are reliable and trustworthy, and we support their growth as an individual by providing the tools, resources and freedom needed to be their best.
RESPONSABILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
• Populating PCB boards with SMT, through hole, and mechanically integrated parts per IPC-A-610 Class I,
II, and III standards
• Sourcing parts based on BOM requirements and finding substitutions when needed
• Troubleshooting and debugging DC circuits
• Flash programming and installing PIC processors
• Integrating and calibrating sensors
• Wiring harness and I/O fabrication
• Electrical and mechanical assembly and finishing
• Testing systems for power and function compliance
• Assist with customer service and technical product support
• Documenting build procedures
• Working with engineering to improve design and processes
• High school diploma or GED and 3+ years of electrical assembly experience;
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the assembly and testing of electro-mechanical assemblies in a
production or prototype environment in the aerospace, defense, or engineering fields;
• Proficient use of basic hand tools, soldering irons, and light power tools;
• Required basic computer skills include: Windows PC’s, Microsoft Office, Web based purchasing & research;
• Experience building from mechanical and electrical drawings and ability to follow written and verbal
• IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620, and IPC-J-STD-001 Certifications are desirable
HOW TO APPLY
If you have any questions, feel free to call Andrea Bonaventura @ 410-732-3500.
Are you ready for a new challenge? If so, please email your resume to or mail to: HR@acutronic.com or:
Acutronic Power Systems
8950 Yellow Brick Rd.
Rosedale, MD 21237
Phone: (410) 732-3500
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers