compensation: Compensation is dependent upon previous work experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Raloid is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business. Since 1964, our country has trusted Raloid to manufacture mechanical and other sophisticated parts and components for some of the most important Defense and Aerospace programs in recent history. Our products have accompanied Neil Armstrong to the moon, continue to protect men and women in service and provide the needed supply chain materials for the desires of our Military Industrial industry.
Our full-service, certified and secure manufacturing facility supplies components for more than 25 major defense systems, assemblies, and vehicles. While predominately a military and aerospace supplier, Raloid satisfies customers in our local regional transportation industry, communications, and medical industries who require the highest level of precision, quality, security and reliability.
CNC Program Leader
Raloid Corporation is seeking to hire a CNC (computer numerical control) supervisor to troubleshoot and program CNC machines, identifying opportunities to enhance efficiency, manage schedules and ensure that work is completed according to expected delivery dates. This role balances team leadership and coordination with a high level of technical knowledge and machine programming skills. CNC supervisors need to develop and enact effective processes for machine shops and manufacturing activities while ensuring safe practices and preventing delays in production.
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college preferred.
• Minimum five (3) years of work experience as a CNC Machine Shop Supervisor / Manager required
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise CNC Machinists
• Manage Training and Supervision Processes
• Maintain Plant Safety
• Develop Employee Schedules
• Prepare Production Records
• Conduct Troubleshooting and Repair Procedures
Skills and Qualifications
• Team coordination – CNC supervisors direct machine shop employee activities based on workloads and deliverables, so they need to be effective coordinators, leaders, and schedulers
• Specifications and materials oversight – in this role, CNC supervisors also examine specification sheets and other production documents, so they should have some familiarity with ensuring that work is completed according to specifications
• CNC machine operation – CNC machine operation skills are also key for CNC supervisors, since they need to train new hires, work on the manufacturing floor to help meet deadlines, and troubleshoot machinery
• Safety monitoring – in this role, CNC machinists should be familiar with workplace safety procedures and best practices to prevent employee injuries and maintain overall safety from day to day
• Efficiency enhancement – CNC machinists should also constantly seek ways to enhance processes and procedures without sacrificing safety, so familiarity with process enhancements and best practices are also helpful
• Communication skills – effective written and verbal communication skills are also essential in this role, since CNC supervisors need to report to plant managers and interact with machinists
• Experience with part drawing interpretation and print reading
• Understanding of basic measuring tools (Micrometers, Dial Calipers, and Indicators, etc.)
• Willing to work night shift a plus
• Knowledgeable in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing a plus
• Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing environment; prior aerospace experience a plus.
• Competitive Wages and Bonus – 45 hour work week with 5 overtime pay hours
• 401K Retirement Plan w/ matching funds
• Excellent health care plan For employee and family– Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
• Medical Benefits are 80% paid by employer.
• Generous PTO
• Flex work schedules – Choose from three schedules (two for daylight hours – 4 day 10 hour shifts and one 5 hour overtime or 5 straight 9 hour shifts (5 built in mandatory overtime), one-night shift)
• Holiday Pay
• Journeyman Machinist Apprenticeship – Sate of Maryland Certified
Please reply to this posting with your resume and contact information.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers