compensation: compensation commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK
We are seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving clerk for our fast-paced aerospace manufacturing company. The Shipping/ Receiving Clerk is responsible for the shipment of all outgoing shipments and the accurate receipt and inspection of all incoming product. Please note that this position covers all aspects of the shipping and receiving process, not just packaging and loading boxes. Must have computer skills and experience using FedEx and UPS shipping programs and be able to learn how to use our computer system for maintaining records and notes. This is a fast-paced, moving and physical position. Must have experience in all aspects of shipping and receiving. Familiarity with aerospace/ defense shipping/receiving HUGE PLUS!!!!
• Receives all incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment
• Sorts, counts, packages, labels, ensures, unpacks, and processes receipts for incoming product
• Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
• Count parts accurately both by hand and with weight counting machine
• Order pulling and processing from Secure Storage and Stock
• Create shippers and labels for shipments using Fed-Ex/UPS programs and customer secure sites
• Arrange pickup of outgoing material.
• Select appropriate packaging materials and container per customer requirements.
• Complete applicable data entry and paperwork such as packing lists, bar code labels, system notes and records of all incoming and outgoing packages.
• Ensures that the items being shipped match quantity and shipper. Serves as a last check prior to shipping.
• Ensures that adequate quantities of packaging materials are on hand and works with purchasing to obtain more as needed.
• Maintain records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Transfer incoming materials to proper department
• Keep a clean and organized work space
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 5+ Years’ Experience in a shipping and receiving position/environment
• Maintaining regular and punctual attendance
• Motivated, dependable individual who exhibits strong attention to detail and arrives on time for start of shift
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
• Willing to grow with our company
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks (counting), employ attention to detail and work under minimal supervision
• Typing, sitting, standing, kneeling, reaching, pulling, lifting
• Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Able to keep up with the fast pace and demand of the department
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language
• Ability to handle loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
• Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution • Competitive wages • Paid holidays • Paid time off • Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance • Short-term disability • Long-term disability
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race sex age color religion national origin veteran status disability sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers