compensation: compensation commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The CMM Operator/Programmer will be responsible for inspecting machined parts utilizing our Carl Zeiss CMMs. The operator shall be a computer-savvy precision measurement expert, with exceptional technical skills to inspect finished parts and hardware using the CMM, measuring tools, and visual techniques.
• Inspect machined parts from internal and external sources using Carl Zeiss CMM
• Coordination of inspection activities with other Inspectors to ensure the work is performed properly under company policies and procedures.
• Conducts and documents first piece, first article, in-process, and finished product inspections to determine if products are in compliance with order specifications
• Support internal machinists with measurements, problem resolution and print interpretation
• Tags and isolates non-conforming parts; notifies the Quality Control Manager and operators
• Read and interpret blueprints, 3D Models, engineering drawings and diagrams
• Inspect using manual hand gauges, thread and plug gauges, micrometers and calipers
• Lead and develop CMM programs using Calypso software
• Ability to review data supplied with parts to acceptance criteria, such as: dimensional reports, traceability reports and certificates of conformity
• Ensures in-date calibrated measuring equipment is used for performing inspections
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum Five years' experience of dimensional tolerance inspection (Y14.5) of aerospace products.
• Must have GD&T knowledge and capable of reading and interpreting prints including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Ability to program CMM inspections using the latest version of Calypso
• Must be fully knowledgeable and proficient with inspection tools
• Ability to multi-task and change priorities quickly
• Be highly attentive to details, effectively work with peers based on set priorities
• Be an effective communicator and able to interact with other departments and management
• Ensure safe work practices are applied and that work environment is equally safe
• Familiar with AS9100 processes and procedures
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Capable of handling small parts or inspection tools or equipment.
• Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution • Competitive wages • Paid holidays • Paid time off • Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance • Short-term disability • Long-term disability
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race sex age color religion national origin veteran status disability sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers