Construction Inspector AA County-Level I and II (Hanover)
compensation: $18-$25 based on experience and level employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Summary: This is the intermediate level of inspection and documentation of highway, bridge and large civil construction projects to ensure that the contractor’s work performance and product delivery meet or exceed contract plans and specifications requirements. An employee in this classification may be required to exercise independent judgment in resolving routine plan and specification disputes; difficult or complex engineering issues are referred to project supervisors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Performs routine to moderately complex inspections and prepares technical reports.
· Reviews construction plans, drawings and specifications for heavy construction projects.
· Prepares and maintains contract documents in accordance with specifications.
· Performs field surveys and inspections as required.
· Performs material testing procedures, e.g., concrete air-meter, slump; soil density and compaction, Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) compaction tests.
· Inspects and documents erosion and sediment control features per required specifications.
· Assists in preliminary layouts and drawings, using engineering criteria, survey notes and basic instructions.
· Maintains detailed records.
· Computes as-built quantities for payments to contractors. Performs related tasks as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two to Five (2-5) years; of progressively responsible and knowledgeable experience in paraprofessional engineering functions in construction, environmental, stormwater, public utilities or related fields; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· SHA/ MARTCP-Concrete Field (reciprocal w/ ACI) or HMA Field or Soils & Agg, Comp
· MD - Erosion & Sediment Control (Green Card)
· Portable Nuke Density Gauge Safety Required for Soil and Agg
· SHA/MTBMA- Temporary Traffic Control Manager
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. This position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. The ability to stand, stoop, kneel and bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms or lift up to 25 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range; ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers