Organized, reliable, and proactive Marketing and PR Manager wanted to build on the reputation and promote the experience of a leading regional structural engineering firm. Marketing responsibilities include database organization, material creation and qualification submission, and contact/prospect networking. Public relations responsibilities include social media posts, trade show exhibits, project awards submissions, and maintaining the firm's brand. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience and be highly skilled in written and verbal communications, researching market, PR, and advertising opportunities, time management, business social media, and product quality control. Graphics experience a plus. The position reports to the firm's Principals. Along with resume, please include cover letter summarizing the value you bring to the position and firm, as well as salary requirements.
Duties for Marketing/PR Manager include:
1. Proposal Generation: Coordinate proposal information for technical staff and Principals. Complete the
proposal, including coordination and performance of QC, for distribution/submission as scheduled / on time
to clients and prospects.
2. Promotional Materials and Qualifications Package Information:
a. Create project sheets, including written narratives, with photo and data regarding new jobs to use with
b. Provide project sheets and resumes for and in accordance with RFP's responses. Coordinate RFP
response information with technical staff and Principals. Coordinate and perform QC. Distribute
qualifications information as scheduled / on time to clients and prospects.
c. Update / polish resumes and company brochure/synopsis for marketing packets.
3. Conduct monthly meetings with Principals/Project Managers to discuss and coordinate:
a. Project opportunities to pursue.
b. Making better connections with current clients.
c. Encouraging pursuit additional work from clients.
d. What current / upcoming jobs are worth publicizing.
e. Identify new architects with whom to work.
4. Public Relations efforts:
a. Develop a structured plan of advertising/promotion.
b. Develop social media posts' schedule and provide content. Identify industry publication article
c. Finds ways for better exposure thru AIA advertising/website, other professional associations, etc.
d. Create ad write quarterly electronic newsletter.
e. Create announcements/promo regarding new partners.
f. Work within advertising budget.
5. Write narrative, input photos, and the like to update website on a regular basis.
6. Network with SMPS (Society of Marketing Professionals), a group of Baltimore / DC Metro AEC firm
marketers. Attend SMPS functions to increase relationships and opportunities with architectural firms'
7. Report to Principals/senior staff on a quarterly basis about marketing efforts and the results (new jobs, new
contacts, website views, etc.)
8. Research trade shows and make recommendations which to attend. Create promo material that will be
displayed/distributed, if one is selected.
9. Pursue job awards through various associations - ACI, ICRI, NAIOP, etc. Complete application provide
photo and info, etc. If an award is received, publicize same.
10. Help maintain the firm's brand.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers