- 30% of consumers say they positively judge a business which publicly responds to online reviews.
- 49% of consumers say a business needs at least a 4-star rating before they would use them.
- 60% of consumers say negative reviews turned them away.
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 93% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase.
We could go on and on... Suffice it to say that today's modern consumer does not just see an ad and immediately click to buy. They spend time researching the product and the company before they make a purchase.
Agora Financial has been in business for 40 years and their long-time customers love them. But -- accurate or not -- one bad review can taint a prospect's judgement of their business before that person has even had a chance to see what they're all about.
This is where you come in.
You are one of their most important hires: As their primary internal reputation manager, you will have a direct impact on the continued growth and success of this company by controlling how their company is perceived online. You will have a voice and the necessary resources to make any changes needed to effect positive change to their online reputation.
You will have a deep empathy with their prospects, fully understanding of the journey a customer takes when doing pre-sales research on a product or company. What kinds of searches do they do? On what sites? Using what terms? How do they digest what they read and how does it affect their perception of Agora Financial?
You will be able to put yourself into a prospect's shoes, seeing their company from their perspective: anticipating the fears, uncertainties, doubts and hesitations any customer has before they try a new product. Your powers of observation, attention to detail and your utmost compassion for the company's target market put you into the proper headspace to positively impact their reputation challenges.
But it's not always just about removing a negative search result.
They're not above admitting they're wrong: Sometimes they legitimately can drop the ball and their customers don't get the top-notch experience they deserve. Agora Financial will expect you to read online reviews and identify patterns that indicate where their processes may be causing harm or frustration to a user's experience, then work with the necessary departments or personnel to fix these issues.
But it doesn't stop there. You will communicate effectively with senior management and executives to report on successes, failures, challenges and forward-looking opportunities for improvement. Additionally, you will be able to effectively manage their reputation management vendor(s) to avoid redundant work, resolve conflicting interests, prioritize the highest-impact changes and ensure projects is completed on schedule.
This is a full time position.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be passionate about and experienced with online reputation management.
- Have an understanding of modern SEO, social media, PR and customer service strategies and techniques.
- Be an insanely curious person who keeps up with all the Internet marketing and reputation management trends.
- Consistently be thinking outside the box.
- Have a passion for keeping up to date on the latest online marketing strategies.
- Constantly be learning about the digital marketing landscape.
- Be quick, flexible, and capable of adjusting to changing business conditions, project deadlines and competing priorities. This is a fast-paced environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail. You should be an ace with grammar and spelling: Customer-facing content must be flawless!
- Have strong customer service and retention skills. This requires extreme empathy.
- A passion for social media and interacting with customers online in a positive, energetic way that conveys their company values.
- Constantly be looking for ways to delight their customers online to ensure positive experiences.
- Drive processes forward when faced with ambiguity.
- Perform independent, self-directed work and also mesh well as part of a team.
- Balance, multitask and prioritize requests while meeting competing deadlines and changing business priorities.
- Be able to learn new and unfamiliar material quickly. Bonus points if you naturally document things as you learn so you can train others.
- Have a thorough understanding of internet culture, including popular customer complaint (BBB, Yelp, Consumer Affairs, etc)
- Care deeply about your work. You will be the main person responsible for the reputation of a $250,000,000 private company. Understand the power of your position, the effect it has on the livelihoods of hundreds of your co-workers and treat it with the utmost respect.
- Love a challenge: They are a collaborative team and they want people who jump at the opportunity to pitch in wherever they're needed. Their most successful employees are the ones who want to go above and beyond and who don't shy away from tackling responsibilities that were never officially given to them, but will make the business better.
- Have positive energy.
- Understand Wordpress (helpful, but not a requirement.)
About Agora Financial:
Agora Financial provides independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about "fat-tail" ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers