compensation: Hourly, +/- $50,000 per year, commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We operate a small general practice law firm on Historic Main Street in Laurel. We have an opening for our full-time legal administrative assistant position.
The Short List of Qualifications: An ORGANIZED person who is an excellent COMMUNICATOR and WRITER. Must be a good ANALYZER and problem-solver. Must also be very professional, ethical, and with a strong and friendly personality.
Candidates should have the following:
- A college degree.
- Prior experience as a legal administrative assistant in a law office (this is required).
- Good writing skills and good grammar.
- A professional and personable phone demeanor.
- Typing and computer skills, particularly with Word, Outlook, and other common office software programs for word processing, calendaring, and email. (Experience with CLIO® online software is a plus.)
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- The ability to organize multiple tasks and work with deadlines as necessary.
It is best if you live near our office (Laurel) and have your own transportation. Our experience is that this is important and this job is not ideal for persons without reliable transportation or who live far away.
- Screening, prioritizing, and managing incoming calls and messages.
- Responding to inquiries on the phone or in writing, taking phone calls and messages from both prospective and existing clients, and other clerical / administrative duties.
- Managing electronic calendars, scheduling assignments and deadlines for follow-up, and contacting existing clients for information and documents.
- Drafting letters, emails, and other correspondence.
- Organizing new client files and working with attorneys on existing case progress.
- Managing client intake and electronic filing system, sorting and filing mail and other documents received, and maintaining and managing files and tasks.
- Exercising independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems.
- Documenting all communications with clients, attorneys, court clerks, and etc.
- Analyzing incoming calls and communications for action and priority.
- Running the logistics of an efficient office, ordering supplies, and maintaining a professional environment.
- Maintaining confidentiality of client information.
- In sum, duties are: analyzing situations, proper and clear communications, good documentation, and necessary follow-up (staying organized and on top of ongoing issues).
Schedule: Weekdays, 9a-5p, with occasional required evenings and weekends as trial and court schedules necessitate.
Wage: Hourly, +/- $50,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Overtime is available.
Benefits: The firm has a specific benefits package, which increases with time at the firm and seniority.
Other Requirements: Must have a clean background and be an honest, dependable, and trustworthy person.
How to Apply: Must send resume and a brief cover letter to demonstrate your writing skills (the letter should be an attachment). Send via email only.
The position is to start immediately but we want to make sure you can give your present employer at least a two-week notice, if applicable.
SORRY, BUT WE MUST ENFORCE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
1. RESUMES WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Note: Please do not call or visit the office in regards to applying. We are accepting submissions via email only.
Thank you - we look forward to having you join our team!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers