compensation: Salary is $40-45k with 100% Employer funded healthcare plan employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Human Resource Generalist – Helping Up Mission, Inc.
Helping Up Mission, Inc. is a faith-based, non-denominational, Christian organization building a community of hope by offering permanent solutions to those experiencing homelessness, poverty and addiction. Helping Up Mission, Inc. provides hope to the poor and homeless through programs designed to meet their individual physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs. Compassionate and substantial residential care is given to almost 550 people in need, without consideration of race, economic or religious status at its campus in East Baltimore. The Mission is looking for a full-time Human Resources Generalist to become a valued member of the Administrative team.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer in all activities related to HR, Payroll, Benefits, Performance Management, Training and Safety while adhering to the Core Values of the Mission.
Human Resources/Benefits/Payroll Activities:
• Assist in developing, negotiating, implementing and administering employee benefit programs (health & wellness, HSA, dental, vision, life, LTD, EAP and IRA retirement accounts)
• Administer and process payroll for staff and intern payrolls semi-monthly
• Assist in recruiting, posting jobs, and interviewing applicants in coordination with department directors
• Perform new staff orientation& onboarding process and benefits enrollment
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits
• Perform difficult staffing duties, including refereeing disputes, disciplinary actions, corrective action plans, and terminating employees
• Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
• Assist in analyzing and modifying compensation and benefit policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting policies, addressing employee concerns/complaints/allegations and helping resolve work-related problems
• Update and maintain salary ranges by position
• Maintain organizational charts
• Coordinate and maintain employee personnel files
• Conduct reference, criminal background and credit checks for new hires
• Coordinate substance abuse testing as needed
• Assist in preparing, implementing and conducting HR staff training, staff development and safety program activities
• Confidentially adjudicate, in conjunction with CFO, all HR matters
• Assist in developing, planning, coordinating, performing and updating all HR functions including policies, employee handbook, job descriptions, salary ranges and procedures for CFO review and approval.
• Analyze statistical data and prepare reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, performance appraisals, absenteeism rates, terminations, etc.
• Respond to SUI, DLLR, DOL, IRS, Child Support, Garnishments or related agencies as necessary
• Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee separation and recover keys, badges, IT devices, etc.
• Assist in preparing the annual operating budget
• Assist in the annual audit with the independent CPA firm
• Assist in preparing materials for the Personnel Committee, the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors meetings
• Assist in donation collections at banquet.
• Assist in verifying and preparing deposits for cash collections for overnight guest services and program fees
• Coordinate with attorneys on wills & estates of supporters
• Assist in various aspects of grant administration (application, acceptance, compliance, reporting and maintenance process)
• Assist in various aspects of tax compliance (Form 941, 940, W-2s, SUI, 990, etc.)
• Assist in administering and implementing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program
• Perform special projects as requested
• Perform statutory compliance as requested by various agencies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Exhibit the Core Values of Helping Up Mission, Inc
• 5-7 years of HR, benefits, payroll administration experience
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills
• Excellent people skills, including conflict resolution
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and sociological backgrounds in a fair, supportive and cooperative manner
• Detail-oriented, strong work ethic, professional demeanor and behavior
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, outsourced HR/Benefits/Payroll systems (currently using Kelly & Associates systems), and social media
• Strong analytic, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Salary is $40-45k with 100% Employer funded healthcare plan
• Interested candidates should email their cover letters and resumes to email@example.com, attention Michael T. Burns
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities