compensation: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
1. Be physically able to lift persons on and off van as needed and provide assistance to those who are in need.
2. Must be able to read and write and follow written directions.
3. Current driver’s license for the State of Maryland.
4. Clean driving record verified through the DMV with a minimum of 10 years driving experience.
5. At least 21 years of age.
6. Clean criminal background check or approved by Program Director.
REPORT TO: Activities Coordinator
TIME REQUIREMENT: Full time - 40 hours per week
Part time - up to 30 hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $11.00-$13.00 PER HOUR
ACTIVITY ASSISTANT POSITION REPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct activities with assigned group independently gathering all supplies needed for group.
2. Follow through with Activities Coordinators instructions independently and provide feedback to Coordinator on the effectiveness of the activity.
3. Implement and evaluate activities assigned by the direction of the Activities Coordinator.
4. Work as a team with other staff members assuring that activities are conducted adequately and appropriately.
5. Provide various types of interaction with clients as instructed by the Activities Coordinator to include Anger Management, Sensory Stimulation and Validation Therapy.
6. Report any and all behaviors changes to the Activities Coordinator and the Registered Nurse on duty.
7. Provide motivation to clients to attend all activities and programs.
8. Maintain a professional relationship with each client and his/her specific needs.
9. Provides clients with proper equipment needed to conduct activity assigned and prepares area properly to allow activity to be carried out.
10. Assist kitchen staff with the clean up of the dining area to include wiping tables and chairs off after each meal.
11. Assist with the arrival and departure of clients on and off of the vans.
12. Assist in toileting and feeding as assigned daily by the Activities Coordinator.
13. Interacts with clients and provides daily activity schedule to clients in groups so they can be aware of daily’s activities.
CONTINUE OF JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
14. Assist in serving lunch to the clients as directed by kitchen staff and following all regulations required in the kitchen.
15. Assist clients with set up of meals as needed.
16. Provide a safe environment for clients and staff and report any faulty equipment to Activities Coordinator.
17. CPR and First Aid Certification required. Training available.
VAN DRIVER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the cleanliness of the van.
2. Provide safety for clients assuring all safety belts are fastened and report any faulty equipment to Van Supervisor.
3. Completes incident reports as needed.
4. When assigned accompany clients on appointments and outings in a professional manner.
5. Report to Van Supervisor who did not attend and reasons why.
6. Do not use van on any off hours or for personal reasons.
7. Communicate with Van Supervisor on routine oil changes and tune-ups.
8. Assist clients in and out of van.
9. Report any and all suspected mechanical problems to the Van Supervisor.
10. Maintain mileage log documenting each trip completed and totaling miles driven each day.
11. Report any injuries to Van Supervisor immediately after occurrence.
12. Communicate with center, via Van Phone, any client that is not answering door so they can be contacted via phone to assure they will not be attending program and why.
13. Walk clients to the door at home and assure a person at the home receives them.
14. Conduct Vehicle checks prior to using van on a daily basis visually checking tires, lights and gauges to assure van is in a safe working condition.
15. Reports emergencies to Center immediately via van phone.
16. Reports accidents immediately to Center and then use phone to request police or ambulance services as needed.
17. Arrive at van in timely manner and turn on van phone when arriving on van to allow communication between center and driver.
18. Report to Van Supervisor and Program Director any Person that may have been difficult on the van or is refusing to use safety belt.
19. Provide First Aid to injured persons.
20. Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers