compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This position is for an Adult Medical Day Care. The Serenity Manor Adult Day Services Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing care to participants, in accordance with standard nursing practices and the mission and philosophy of the Center while adhering to all Medicaid regulations. This includes direct provision of health services to meet the individual needs of each participant served in a manner that is normal and respectful of their rights and dignity. The RN works in collaboration with an interdisciplinary care team to provide optimal health care and safety to participants in the Center. The nursing process is used to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure completion of nursing assessments including record review, family member/provider interview, developmental history and current physical status.
* Complete the Adult Day Care Assessment and Planning (ADCAP) assessment for new participants and routinely update as required.
* Perform routine screening for blood pressure, weight, and other specific participant concerns.
* Provide emergency care.
* Determine health deficit identification.
* Maintenance of health records and immunization records, notifying significant family member/provider when updating is needed.
* Ensure completion of progress notes monthly with quarterly summaries as assigned.
* Interpret and ensure compliance with special diets and nutritional requirements of all participants.
* Ensure preparation of health history and interpret special health needs as part of the Care Plan for each participant;
* Perform Nursing Quality Assurance functions including but not limited to Nursing Tracking Tools, Day Program QA spreadsheets, monthly medical book audits, MAR audits, etc.;
* Complete duties such as checking and responding to emails, writing progress notes as needed, medication administration, medical staff training and redirection, requesting updated participant documentation, completing medication administration records (MARs) and other required medical documentation.
* Assist with Center audits.
* Ensure all participant records are updated.
* Review clinical assessments (e.g. nutrition, speech, OT, PT, etc.) to ensure continuity of medical documentation.
* Complete weekly reports for to include status updates on participants, care plan updates, medical forms/information, etc.;
* Provide health counseling and/or education for staff, participants, and/or significant family members or caregivers regarding:
· Interpretation of health information,
· Guidance and counseling regarding health behavior, and
· Recommendations regarding individual health conditions;
* Other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s Degree and R.N. with three years of experience.
Current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland is required.
Knowledge of the Medicaid Waiver program and its policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
Ability to develop concise, organized, well-written reports.
Ability to develop, implement and follow nursing operations, services and/or protocols.
Skills in evaluating procedures and, if necessary, modifying these procedures.
The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and stakeholders.
Ability to gain working knowledge of Serenity Manor Adult Day Services policies and procedures.
Ability to act as a representative of Serenity Manor Adult Day Services to the public.
Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, and strong teamwork skills.
Experience planning, organizing and directing the work of others.
Must have the ability to successfully work in both independent and group settings.
Ability to build rapport with participants.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
Ability to model and teach relevant social and behavioral skills.
Experience working with persons with varying intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Serious inquiries only. Please send a resume for consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers