compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Maryland Building Industry Association
Government Affairs Specialist
1) Serves as the staff person responsible for assisting Government Affairs team in all aspects of the department. Responsible for ensuring the advocacy of the Association is running at an optimal level.
Within the limits of the by-laws of the association and the policies and operating budget established by the Board of Directors, this Government Affairs position deals with the following:
1.) Assist Government affairs team with duties such as:
a. Scheduling meetings (both internal and external)
b. Tracking legislation on county and state levels
c. Track regulatory changes
d. Draft testimony as needed
e. Conduct research as needed
2.) Manage all MBIA Political Action Committees
3.) Assist with Government Affairs Communications (including blog and public relations)
Reports directly to the CEO and works closely with all Government Affairs staff to ensure seamless departmental interaction and results-oriented action on all legislative, regulatory and political issues. Works with other Association staff as appropriate, necessary and relevant.
1) Has regular contact with Committee/Council Chairs on governmental and policy matters and other issues as appropriate, as well as the Executive Committee and Board of Directors as necessary to keep them informed and current on industry and Association issues.
2) Occasional contact with elected officials and governmental agency staff as appropriate
3) Builds and maintains relationships with the general membership to the greatest degree possible.
4) Maintains relationships with other associations, industry, government, and public service organizations as appropriate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers