Progressive Maryland is seeking people eager to join our voter contact team to empower voters around issues like social and racial justice, police reform, ending the pipeline to prison, mass liberation, education, and The Fight For $15.
Gain valuable campaign and electoral experience by educating and mobilizing voters for candidates that will fight for social and racial justice for all in Baltimore.
Progressive Maryland is a statewide nonprofit advocacy organization promoting social, economic, and racial justice. We are leading the fight for progressive change in Maryland through grassroots organizing, public education, and legislative advocacy.
Responsibilities: Canvassers perform a wide range of duties focused on empowering voters to stand up for themselves and elect champions.
A Field Canvasser will:
- Represent Progressive Maryland in their local endorsements in communities throughout the Baltimore area
- Knock on an average of 60 doors per shift
- Engage with voters in meaningful, one on one conversations connecting their values with electing city officials who will be a champion for social and racial justice
- Maintain and updates various campaign lists and NGP-VAN
- Assist Field Directors in accurate reporting of results, data, and messaging on a weekly basis
- Ensure program is operated with a high level of quality and professionalism
- Work with senior staff to set and accomplish campaign goals
Qualifications: People of all experience levels encouraged to apply!
- Commitment to environmental, social, and progressive political issues
- Ability to develop the skills needed for the campaign
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with VAN or other voter databases a plus
- Time management skills and attention to detail are a necessity
- Working knowledge of online database, and reporting systems, or demonstrate the ability to learn them
- Smart phone or tablet
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
To Apply: Send a resume with "Field Canvasser - Baltimore" in the email subject line.
Application Deadline: Rolling
Progressive Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBTQ people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
NO contacteu amb mi per oferir serveis o ofertes no demanades