compensation: Salary: $70,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WHO WE ARE
Mimar Ponte Mellor (MPM) is a multidisciplinary A/E firm, headquartered in Baltimore, MD, with offices in New York City and Washington, DC, and an affiliate office in Harrisburg, PA. We provide architectural/ planning, interior/graphic design, engineering & construction management services to federal, state, and local governments, as well as to the private sectors. Currently, we hold on-going prime consultant and sub-consultant contracts with federal, state, and local governments and with national/ international design excellence A/E firms. Our firm is a rapidly expanding small business that is nationally recognized and respected. This means that your work will have a big impact on our overall performance and that we can offer you numerous opportunities for professional growth and leadership.
Mimar Ponte Mellor (MPM) is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, and committed Interior Designer or Interior Architect, with 10-15 years of experience. A candidate with experience working on interiors in the corporate, healthcare, or aviation/mass transit sectors is preferred.
Our main offices are located in Baltimore, MD, and Georgetown, Washington DC, branch offices in Manhattan, NY and Harrisburg, PA. The person in this position can choose to work in Baltimore or DC office. We are currently seeking to interview full-time
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The employee in this position will be responsible for:
• Working on projects from inception through construction phases including programming, planning, concept development, presentation renderings, etc.
• Developing design concepts, construction documents, and presentation drawings
• Guiding initial design concepts from the beginning of the design process through construction completion
• Researching and selecting materials, colors, furnishings, and finishes
• Contributing to business development and marketing efforts, and maintaining client relationships, as necessary
• Communicating and working with consultants, sub-consultants, contractors and product representatives to meet project objectives and resolve any technical issues
• Effectively solving problems through novel design solutions
• Estimating design fees, and negotiating with clients
• Working on multiple projects simultaneously
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
• At least 10+ years of experience
• NCIDQ accreditation or licensed architect (preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and AutoCAD software
• Strong creative thinking and visual articulation skills
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers