compensation: $45,000-$65,000. Salary is commensurate with experience. This position includes an excellent benefits package. employment type: full-time telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
Mimar Ponte Mellor (MPM) is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, and committed Interior Designer or Interior Architect, with 5 to 10 years of experience. A candidate with experience working on interiors in the corporate, healthcare, or aviation/mass transit sectors is preferred.
Our main offices are located in Baltimore, MD and D.C. The person in this position can choose to work from either office. We are currently seeking to interview both full-time and part-time candidates.
The employee in this position will be responsible for:
• Developing design concepts, construction documents, and presentation drawings
• Guiding initial design concepts from the beginning of the design process through construction completion
• Researching and selecting materials, colors, furnishings, and finishes
• Contributing to business development and marketing efforts, and maintaining client relationships, as necessary
• Communicating and working with consultants, sub-consultants, contractors and product representatives to meet project objectives and resolve any technical issues
• Effectively solving problems through novel design solutions
• Estimating design fees, and negotiating with clients
• Working on multiple projects simultaneously
Our ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• At least 5 to 10 years of experience
• NCIDQ accreditation or licensed architect (preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and AutoCAD software
• Strong creative thinking and visual articulation skills
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
Mimar Ponte Mellor (MPM) is a multidisciplinary A/E firm, headquartered in Baltimore, MD, with offices in New York City, D.C, and an affiliate office in Harrisburg, PA. We provide architectural/ planning, interior/graphic design, engineering & construction management services to federal, state, and local governments, as well as to the private sectors. Currently, we hold on-going prime consultant and sub-consultant contracts with federal, state, and local governments and with large, respected A/E firms. Our firm is a rapidly expanding small business that is nationally recognized and respected. This means that your work will have a big impact on our overall performance, and that we can offer you numerous opportunities for professional growth and leadership.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities