CIVIL ENGINEER, STORM WATER MANAGEMENT (Baltimore)
7004 Security Blvd., Suite 210
compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. This position includes an excellent benefits package. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Mimar Architects & Engineers, Inc. is a multidisciplinary A/E/C firm, based in Baltimore, MD, with offices in New York City, Washington DC and an affiliate office in Harrisburg, PA. We provide architectural/ planning, interior/graphic design, engineering & construction management services to federal, state, and local governments, as well as to the private sectors. Currently, we hold substantial on-going prime consultant and sub-consultant contracts with federal, state, and local governments. Our firm is a rapidly expanding small business that is nationally recognized and respected, and we routinely partner with other industry-leading firms. This means that your work will have a big impact on our overall performance and that we can offer you numerous opportunities for professional growth and leadership.
Mimar Architects & Engineers, Inc. looking for an individual, At least ten years of civil engineer experience with storm water management.
• Acts as Program Manager for the Storm water management and sediment control review program.
• Acts as Program Manager for overseeing a variety of public works capital improvement projects, such as water resources projects including storm water pond reconstruction and retrofits, drainage improvement, flood control and water quality projects. Prepares detailed periodic reports on status of projects.
• Plans, assigns, directs and reviews the work of project managers and project engineers in the design and review of the capital improvement projects, and development projects, and in a variety of other engineering tasks.
• Reviews preliminary and final plans, drawings and plats to ensure conformance with sound engineering practices and applicable codes, regulations and specifications; presents recommendations and comments to internal review boards and/or Executive Boards and County Council. Writes letters with composite recommendations and comments to developers; meets with, engineers and developers to discuss recommendation and solutions to problems and recommends approval of amended plans.
• Reviews and analyzes consultants’ responses for projects. Prepares agreements and assists others in agreement preparation.
• Leads negotiations on price proposal conferences with consultants, contractors and management firms; analyzes proposals; negotiates change orders and prepares agreements.
• Participates in the preparation of capital and operations budgets. Prepares reports, studies detailed project estimates, recommendations, and correspondence for justification of project for inclusion into proposed budgets.
• Provides advice and consultation to other governments, private agencies, and individuals regarding issues related to the division.
• Chairs internal review board meetings to provide input regarding changes and improvements to the division’s design guidelines, standard specifications and current policies.
• Represents department at public hearings, meetings and conferences. Maintains liaison with contractors, consultants and representatives of County, State, regional and Federal agencies. Answers public inquiries receives and acts on citizen complaints and suggestions.
• Performs engineering studies and analysis to assure that water resources projects and appurtenances are correctly operated and adequately maintained; assures that new facilities meet operational requirements and maintenance programs for water resources systems; reviews preliminary and final submissions of plans, drawings and specifications for operational integrity and maintainability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers