Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to serve directly with kids, coach volunteers, build partnerships, and gain hands-on-experience with a literacy program that works? Serve with Americorps at Reading Partners Baltimore as a Program Coordinator!
QR Code Link to This Post
The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners in elementary schools, responsible for implementing our traditional and distance learning programs, or a hybrid of the two, in partnership with other AmeriCorps members and/or Reading Partners staff. They accomplish this by leading the full-time program coordination, operations, and relationship development at their school. The Program Coordinator also serves as the site’s full-time lead for family, student, and volunteer engagement support, ensuring their success in the Reading Partners Traditional or Reading Partners Connects program. They accomplish this by coordinating and coaching tutors, communicating with, coordinating, and supporting families, observing tutoring sessions for student needs, and maintaining data systems.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of Reading Partners’ program at a partner school to ensure the Reading Partners’ program and curriculum meet students’ learning needs.
- Forge and maintain positive relationships with student families, tutors, and with AmeriCorps peers to create welcoming environments for students, caregivers, faculty & staff, and volunteer tutors.
- Note that this role may shift as-needed based on how individual school environments shift given Covid-19.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service
- Demonstrate a passion for working with children, possess a natural ability to connect with people, take initiative, and are eager for a dynamic schedule
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
- Bonus Points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alum/alumna
Complete an online application via our website: https://readingpartners.org/americorps-positions/