compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
For more than a decade, Kiddie Calvert has faithfully nurtured children within the Calvert School community, guiding them from their first steps to their first day of Kindergarten. Calvert School is extending its program to include families throughout the Baltimore community. Kiddie Calvert Cross Keys will be a childcare and early learning center that will serve families in Baltimore, Maryland opening in August 2021. Specializing in the care of infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children, our program will be designed to build confidence, independence, and academic interest in our boys and girls, preparing them to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. The center will be located on Falls Road and is accessible from I-83 between Northern Parkway and Cold Spring Lane.
Calvert School is hiring Lead Teachers to work with children ages 10-weeks to five years old. These are 12-month positions, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The teachers will work under the supervision of the Director of Child Care and will be responsible for creating and implementing curriculum and activities that are age appropriate. In addition to managing the daily affairs of a classroom, teachers communicate frequently with parents and collaborate with team members.
Qualifications of the ideal candidates include the following:
• Must be 21 years or older and have at least one full year working in a preschool setting.
• Must be Maryland Senior Staff qualified (possessing the 90-hour certification), 45 of which must be in Infant/Toddler or hold an Associates or Bachelor’s degree (with transcripts) in Early Childcare Education (ECE).
• Candidate must have successfully completed 45 hours of Child Development and 9 hours of Communication.
• First Aid and CPR certified preferred (will provide training for certification, if needed).
• Demonstrated skills establishing effective relationships with staff, parents, and children.
• Must have a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have strong communication skills.
In addition, candidates must meet the State of Maryland, Office of Child Care, and other licensing regulatory agencies requirements including a pre-employment medical exam and a TB test with a negative result. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement plans. Generous sick, vacation, and holiday leave is also offered.