IT Insfrastructure Manager (Baltimore - REMOTE WORK)
compensation: determined by experience and certifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LOCATION: Remote – Baltimore and environs
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager role requires experience or familiarity with the full IT infrastructure lifecycle including network / hardware / server / workstation procurement, installation, config and testing. The role requires solid project management skills and the utilization of project management best practices, as well as excellent technical writing and communication skills. This role will interface directly with internal resources, vendors, partners and clients, and requires the management of resources and activities to ensure project deliverables are met on time and within budget.
• Provides ongoing status updates on project progress, risks, change management and issue resolution.
• Leads issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution documentation.
• Monitors risk events before becoming issues and potential roadblocks.
• Works with plan and task owners to create and update status and task reporting.
• Schedules and or participate in recurring meetings to review and monitor project tasks and status.
• Engages with the project team to create guides and training documents.
• Facilitates design reviews and document designs.
• Engages with the project team to review and update infrastructure requirements.
• Engages with the project team to gather and document network connectivity design.
• Collaborates with the project team to develop network and hardware integration plans.
• Tracks hardware procurement, installation, build out, and cabling activities.
• Tracks the build out of project testing and training facilities.
• Collaborates with the project teams and vendors to track development of maintenance plans.
• Collaborates with the project team to develop and track workstation imaging work plans.
• Tracks the execution of the legacy equipment decommissioning plans.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• BA, BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline, or 8-10 years of related experience.
• 3-6+ years of experience in managing IT infrastructure projects.
• Understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
• Experience executing projects using standard project management methodologies.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (including Visio and Project).
• PMP/PMI or equivalent certifications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organization levels.
• Experience working both independently, and in a cross functional team-oriented environment.
• Must be able to facilitate discussion and discover alternatives or different approaches.
• Represents recommendations to leadership demonstrating influence over governance bodies via formal presentations.
• Ability to understand people, processes, and tools and know what questions to ask to guide someone through solving a problem (without knowing the subject matter).
About the Company:
We are a technical consulting firm of 60 employees and contract consultants, with locations in Los Angeles, San Diego, Omaha and Reno, and the main office in El Monte CA.
Our company offers 120 hours of PTO annually, company activities for fun and relaxation and 8 holidays per year. We provide the equipment and supervision needed for individual jobs. There is a large support infrastructure of meetings and conference calls, and company-paid training and certification is both expected and a benefit of employment. Medical, dental and vision benefits are offered after a probationary period of 30 days, with the company paying a fixed portion of the combined benefits.
Interviewing for local positions will take place by telephone. On acceptance of an offer from the company, the candidate will be sent for live-scan fingerprinting as part of a company-paid state- and federal-level background check.
We honor and welcome our veterans and encourage applications from them.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers