compensation: Based on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
KWF is seeking a Business Manager to support the financial health of the KWF Consulting and KWF Editorial companies by managing company controls, compliance, accounting, and financial risk and reporting. The Business Manager will report to KWF’s Managing Director providing quality and timely service in support of the companies’ business development efforts and revenue-producing units, and will collaborate with other managers and associates in support of company goals.
We are seeking one with 7 or more years of progressive experience in finance and controls for small businesses. Position responsibilities include:
• Manage budget and reforecast process, with direct responsibility for controlling operating costs
• Develop and report on performance metrics for the companies
• Improve on company controls to provide checks and balances based on best business practice
• Build accurate monthly invoices for KWF Editorial, including detail to meet specific client needs
• Maintain (and improve as appropriate) process for approving expenses and vendor invoices
• Identify and monitor relevant vendors on appropriate service levels and cost competitiveness
• Arrange for and coordinate accounting, banking, investment (401K), law, and insurance activities
• Support and standardize as necessary operational practices between and among units
• Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory issues and implement new policies as needed
• Update templates (based on legal counsel) as needed and set up routine client service agreements
• Undertake special projects, as needed
Key competencies and qualifications
• Diplomatic, accurate, and timely communication skills
• Record of success in priority setting and project management
• Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Sensitive and confidential handling of personnel and company matters
• Comfortable working in matrix management structure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite, specifically expert level MS Excel skills
• BA or BS degree required, MBA preferred
This is a part-time, remote position requiring approximately 20 hours per week. For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as noted.
About KWF Consulting and KWF Editorial
In business since 2000, KWF Consulting and KWF Editorial are sister companies providing consulting and editorial services to the scholarly publishing community. Our services are sought by large and small societies and associations, commercial organizations, university presses, and government agencies.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers