Accounting Assistant (Construction and 2+ Years Experience)
Our accounting department needs a reliable Accounting Assistant who doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves, working hard, and sometimes long hours, especially around the end of the month. The ideal candidate will be capable of learning our systems with minimal supervision and should have some experience using Foundation Construction Accounting Software. The Accounting Assistant will report to the Accounting Manager and work as a team member to accomplish interdepartmental goals and quotas. If your hoping to join an established company with excellent benefits, we’d love to hear from you.
The following is a list of the Accounting Assistants responsibilities, this list is not an all-inclusive list as there may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned. Whether it be one of the responsibilities listed below or one that is given that differs from this list, we always ensure our Accounting Assistant is given the tools to succeed:
• Prepare and fact-check invoices before sending them to customers.
• Review, enter, pay vendor invoices in a timely manner upon approval.
• Enter payroll data into accounting system.
• Scan, file, and log accounting documents.
To be successful in this role you MUST possess a CAN-DO attitude and have the ability to multitask and prioritize. We are looking for a team player that does not mind assisting where and when needed. This is a fast-paced atmosphere and we need someone that can keep up.
The following are examples of the skills and experience we are looking for in our Accounting Assistant:
• 2+ Years accounting/bookkeeping experience, preferably using Foundation Construction Accounting Software.
• Associates degree in Accounting
• Familiarity with Microsoft products with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
• Advanced written and oral communication skills
• Able to work as part of a team and with little supervision.
We are a well-established Baltimore based construction company. We offer benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and paid time off. We believe in team work, working smart, and having fun in this fast paced environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers