This company is a rapidly growing publicly traded company in the technology sector. We offer great benefits, growth, and a purposeful mission. We are currently looking for an accountant to add to our fantastic team.
The Accountant computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in the maintenance of accounting records. He/she will be in charge of closing the monthly accounting books. He/she also assists and support the Corporate Controller with other Corporate Accounting functions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Verify and track customers and vendors aging reports
• Audits invoices against purchase orders and researches discrepancies
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions
• Leads the closing periods on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Prepares sales and use and property tax reports and submits to the appropriate authorities
• Monitors and reconciles the cash accounts
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
• Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
• Performs the internal control procedures to ensure compliance with the Company’s internal control policies
• File 1099s
• Work with Operations Department on purchase orders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree, major in Accounting preferred
• Ability to learn new software
• Strong knowledge of Excel required
• Previous Accounts Payable experience
• Prior experience with Sage-Intact software, preferred
• Prior experience with payroll preparation preferred
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Highly flexible, and able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong project management and analytic skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and employees. Ability to write accounting memos.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and analyze financial data
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers