compensation: $83,000-$85,000 employment type: full-time non-profit organization telecommuting ok
QR Code Link to This Post
The Finance Director is responsible for all aspects of the financial/accounting functions at Dayspring Programs, Inc. The Finance Director will oversee all financial operations and direct corporate financial structure.
Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firms performance.
Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting.
Assist staff with payroll functions to ensure accuracy with general ledger entries and bank reconciliation.
General duties include accounts receivable and accounts payable, preparation of bank deposits, assuring timely payments of invoices, bank reconciliation and assuring the accuracy of all general ledger entries.
Prepare and review all monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Reports for the Executive Director, Finance Committee and the Board of Directors. Submit budgets for approval. Prepare monthly expenditure reports. Analyze monthly financial reports and advise the Executive Director of deficits in specific programs and provide recommendations to overcome deficits.
Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management and the Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
Knowledge of computer fundamentals, Quick Books, wage and hour laws, workers compensation, pension plans, and other such related human resources laws and regulations, AICPA accounting and financial reporting guide and FASB publications as related to non-profits. Ability to organize work priorities, handle multiple duties simultaneously and interact and communicate well with people. Experience in financial administering government grants . Experience in preparation of financial reports and statements.
Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Accounting or Business Management Bachelor's Degree with concentration in accounting with a minimum five years progressive experience in the accounting field, preferably not-for-profit.
Experience in management of finance/accounting department or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Ability to understand, respect and appreciate people of diverse ethnic, racial, religious and economic back-rounds, both as individuals, and in groups.
2. Ability and willingness to work within authorized policy, structure, and job description; ability to be (supervised,) and to work in a team relationship.
3. Ability to plan and organize effectively; to work under pressure; to plan work to avoid rushes and slack times.
4. Ability to adapt as the nature of the job evolves; to support decisions in which s/he may not have shared; to show good judgment and a nature attitude; to show enthusiasm and stamina.
5. Ability to communicate and to work cooperatively with staff, members, volunteers and the public, and keeping channels of communication open and using consultation, coordination and clearance appropriately.
6. Ability to organize and transmit information clearly, both in writing and through personal contact, including the ability to train others in using Dayspring Programs, Inc. procedures and forms.
7. Ability to work in sensitive situations and to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability and willingness to participate in available job-related study and training which may involve occasional overnights travel away from home.
9. Some teleworking possible
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers