Bookkeeper – Great Company Culture
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Our client is a Telecommunications Contractor with over 50 years in the business.
• Due to growth, they are hiring a Bookkeeper in Baltimore location.
• Their mission is to develop long term customer relationships.
• The company is a minority woman-owned business.
• The company is known for investing in their employees and promoting from within
• They offer excellent benefits, including competitive salaries and health insurance.
• Some of the perks of the position are free parking and small office environment.
Overview of the Bookkeeper Role:
• The Bookkeeper will verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts to general ledger.
• Summarize details in separate ledgers and transfer data to general ledger.
• Transferring information from one spreadsheet into another system.
• Reconciling and making sure both systems tie out.
• Compile reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
• Calculate employee wages from records and prepare checks for payment of wages.
• Prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
• Generate monthly statements to customers.
• Complete records to or though trial balance.
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
• Proficient with QuickBooks
• Construction and Contracting Experience is a plus
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Full charge bookkeeping experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers